Thursday, January 29, 2015

Vintage Scrapping 1


Hi, I hope that everyone has had a great scrapping week. For the last couple of weeks I've been getting creative with vintage kits. I am just loving it! The best thing about vintage is that you can scrap it in so many styles. For this quick post I am taking a look at layers and more layers.

I've used the following wonderfully vintage kits by Lynne Anzelc Designs to create my pages:
First I select the background paper. Now before adding the next layers I actually add my top layer. I position the elements where I roughly want them before filling in the gaps with overlays and brushes underneath them. The last thing I do is position all the elements in their final places. Just keep layering until you find the right balance for the page you are creating. Don't be afraid to just try things. Below are some of my layouts as examples.



Of course the other great thing about vintage is that is works well with old photos. The photo in the layout above is an old family one. On this layout I have also included an overlay border and then layered up on top of that too, giving another dimension to the page.
  • My first layout uses: A Scrap of Vintage and A Scrap of Vintage WordArt and Brushes
  • My second layout uses: A Scrap of Vintage, A Scrap of vintage WordArt and Brushes and Vintage Journal Cards
  • My third layout uses: Timeless and Timeless Quotes and Brushes
Checkout the following posts here on Lynne's blog to see some amazing layouts created with Lynne's vintage style kits:
As always, we'd love to see your creations with Lynne's kits, either fully or partly. So please feel free to share a link with us in the comments section. Until next time, bye for now, Natasha :)

2 comments: